Chapter 27 is all about
identifying and applying the basic tools of finance in the American financial
market. The first part of the chapter identified the variables of time and risk
and how people tend to buy insurance in order to avoid the risk of the unknown
future. Also, we are shown the mathematical way to compute the present value of
dollars as well as the future value with the interest rate. In the second part
of the chapter, the book discussed how diversification, fundamental analysis,
and rule of 70 all talk about the value or price of a stock. During this part,
they introduced standard deviation, which is a concept that I am a bit confused
about. Overall, I would give the chapter a rating of 3 because it was a short read and it had a good explanation for the concepts. In addition, I worked on the questions already and they seem fairly to answer. What would really help would just to do a quick summary of the chapter as well as standard deviation.
No comments:
Post a Comment